Welcome to the Blog at DavidTollen.com!
Welcome to the blog at DavidTollen.com!
This blog offers:
- Ideas for teaching history at the high school and middle school levels, and sometimes in college; and
- Articles on history: tales from the past that I think will particularly appeal to students.
All posts will be categorized by time period and by whether they’re meant for teachers or students or both.
FYI, teachers can find more resources at our Resources for Teachers page. You can also find older versions of some of the articles at my other blog, Pints of History, though the versions here will likely appeal to students more.
Please enjoy, and please tell a friend — particularly teachers, students, home-schoolers, and school librarians!
Subscribe to the Blog
- George III was Britain’s king during the Americ...
- This week in 930 CE, the chieftains of Iceland ...
- This week in 1494, the Spanish and Portuguese E...
- This week in 1683, the Ashmolean Museum of Art ...
- A virus circles the world, killing 1% of the po...
- Age of Exploration
- American History
- Ancient China
- Ancient Egypt
- Ancient Greece
- Ancient History
- Animal History
- Bronze Age
- Early Modern Europe
- For Students
- For Teachers
- History General
- Middle Ages Europe
- Modern History
- Renaissance Europe
- Roman Empire
- Teaching Stragegy
- The French Revolution
- Western Civilization
- World Wars